Change in company form

If you have a business name and you change it to a limited liability company, a general partnership or a limited partnership, terminate your old TyEL insurance and take out new TyEL insurance for your employees under the name of the new company.

When you change a limited partnership or general partnership to a limited liability company, the TyEL insurance continues as before.

The change in company form might also affect the insurance of the company’s owners. Read about YEL insurance for the self-employed here.