Important facts about income under YEL insurance for the self-employed
Your pension accrual is based on your earned income under YEL insurance. If you fall ill or if a child is born into your family, the benefits paid by Kela are also determined according to your YEL income. Your entitlement to unemployment benefits depend on the amount of your earned income.
The minimum and maximum limits for YEL income in 2017
- Minimum: EUR 7,645.25
- Maximum: EUR 173,625.00
- The lower limit for unemployment security is EUR 12,564.00
It is important that your YEL income is at the correct level right from the start of your self-employed activities. Important considerations for setting your income level:
- You set the level of your YEL income.
- Your YEL income is an estimate of your work input.
- Your YEL income should equal the sum that would be paid to an employee with the same professional skills as you have for carrying out the same work.
- YEL income is not the same as your taxable income from self-employment or the salary you have taken out
Use the Entrepreneur’s Calculator on our website when thinking about your earned income!