Do you need YEL insurance?

You need YEL insurance if

  • you are self-employed and aged 18-67
  • you work in your company
  • your self-employed activities continue for a minimum of four months
  • the value of your work input (YEL income) is at least EUR 7,656.26 (in 2018).

YEL insurance must be taken out within six months of the commencement of self-employment. The commencement date of the insurance is the date when your entrepreneurial activites have started.

If you continue your self-employed activites while simultaneously drawing old-age pension, YEL insurance is voluntary.

Check whether you need YEL insurance