Applying for a disability pension

You can apply for a disability pension or a cash rehabilitation benefit when you can no longer work in your occupation or carry out any other work due to an illness. If you can still work part-time regardless of your illness, apply for a partial disability pension.
Once you have been granted cash rehabilitation benefit, i.e. temporary disability pension, and you are not able to return to work or start vocational rehabilitation when it has ended, you may apply for a continuation for your cash rehabilitation benefit by sending Varma a new B statement from your physician.

You can also work while on a pension without losing your pension entitlement.
Varma can help you carry on in working life through vocational rehabilitation.

Read more

Frequently asked questions

Why has my disability pension application been rejected even though my doctor's assessment says that I am disabled?
What should I do now that my disability pension application has been rejected?