Varma invests in a responsible manner. We incorporate responsibility system-atically in all our investment operations.
We require that our investees comply with international agreements and standards, the most important of which are:
- The UN Global Compact initiative on corporate responsibility
- The OECD guidelines for multinational enterprises
- The ILO labour conventions
The topics covered by Varma's principles for responsible investment include mitigating climate change, which is one of Varma's CSR targets. Because this topic is so important and topical, we have drawn up a separate climate policy.
Varma has signed the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and published a PRI responsible investment report:
- PRI responsible investment report 2016
- PRI responsible investment report 2015
- PRI responsible investment report 2014