The Incomes Register is an electronic database that includes comprehensive information about wages, pensions and benefits at the individual level. The Incomes Register is maintained by the Finnish Tax Administration.
The Incomes Register will be taken into use on 1 January 2019. From then on, the wage information of all employees will be submitted to the Incomes Register and no longer to pension companies.
The information in the Incomes Register will be used by the Tax Administration, Kela and earnings-related pension providers, among others. In the register, income earners will be able to see up-to-date information on payments that have been made to them.
In future, Varma will receive wage information directly from the Incomes Register. Information submitted to the Incomes Register will be used, for instance, to calculate pensions and insurance contributions.
The Incomes Register will not bring any changes to insurance for the self-employed (i.e. YEL insurance). Self-employed persons will not submit their YEL income to the pension insurance company via the Incomes Register; a change in YEL income is reported to Varma, just like before.
• Make sure that your payroll system is updated and modified as required for the introduction of the Incomes Register.
• Think about and plan routines that will make it possible to submit wage information to the Incomes Register within five days (including holidays) of the payment of wages.
• For more information on the Incomes Register, please visit the website of the Finnish Tax Administration.
• Each time wages are paid, report the earnings information only to the Incomes Register.
• Submit the notification within five days (including holidays) of wages being paid.
• You no longer need to submit earnings information to Varma.
• Annual and monthly notification will be discontinued, and continuous notification will apply to all employers.
• Once the Incomes Register has been taken into use, pension group data and divisions by department will no longer be possible.
Secure online services tailored for the self-employed, employers and private customers. Take care of your business conveniently!
The electronic application service ensures that no information is missing from your application. Varma will receive it immediately and you can follow-up on its processing.Log in
Check the workability key figures of your company.
See how to log in to eServices as an entrepreneur, an employer, or a private customer.