1. The Incomes Register is an electronic database that includes comprehensive information about wages, pensions and benefits at the individual level. It is maintained by the Finnish Tax Administration.
2. The Incomes Register will be taken into use on 1 January 2019. From then on, the wage information of all employees will be submitted to the Incomes Register and no longer to pension companies.
3. In future, a single notification will suffice, and the employer will not have to submit the same wage information several times to many different entities (e.g. to the Finnish Social Insurance Institution Kela).
4. The information in the Incomes Register will be used by the Tax Administration, Kela and earnings-related pension providers, among others. In the register, income earners will be able to see up-to-date information on payments that have been made to them.
5. The Incomes Register will not bring any changes to insurance for the self-employed (i.e. YEL insurance). Self-employed persons will not submit their YEL income to the pension insurance company via the Incomes Register; a change in YEL income is reported to Varma, just like before.
You can find the Incomes Register FAQs here.
Varma’s popular and well-received Incomes Register training continues in November. We are organising one more event in Oulu (in Finnish).
Come and learn about the Incomes Register! Sign up today!
In our spring 2018 training, we reviewed, among other things, the reporting of earnings in the Incomes Register.
Check out our Incomes Register videos here. The videos are in Finnish.
Secure online services tailored for the self-employed, employers and private customers. Take care of your business conveniently!
The electronic application service ensures that no information is missing from your application. Varma will receive it immediately and you can follow-up on its processing.Log in
Check the workability key figures of your company.
See how to log in to eServices as an entrepreneur, an employer, or a private customer.