Jari Paasikivi elected Chairman of Varma’s Board of Directors
At its meeting on 15th December 2016, Varma’s Board of Directors elected Jari Paasikivi, the CEO of Oras Invest Oy, as Chairman of the Board effective 1st January 2017. He will succeed Berndt Brunow, Chairman of the Board of Oy Karl Fazer Ab.
The Board elected Antti Palola, President of the Finnish Confederation of Salaried Employees (STTK), and Kai Telanne, CEO of Alma Media Oyj, as vice chairmen.
The Board of Directors also elected the members of the Nomination and Compensation Committee and the Audit Committee from among its members. In 2017, the members of the Audit Committee are Ari Kaperi (Chairman), Jyri Luomakoski, Antti Palola and Kai Telanne. The Nomination and Compensation Committee is composed of Jari Paasikivi (Chairman), Antti Palola and Kai Telanne.
The members of Varma’s Board of Directors as of 1st January 2017 are:
- Jari Paasikivi, Chairman; CEO, Oras Invest Ltd
- Antti Palola, Vice Chairman; President, Finnish Confederation of Salaried Employees (STTK)
- Kai Telanne, Vice Chairman; CEO, Alma Media Corporation
- Riku Aalto, President, Finnish Metalworkers’ Union
- Mikael Aro, Senior Industrial Expert, Triton
- Johanna Ikäheimo, Chairman of the Board, Lappset Group Ltd
- Ari Kaperi, Head of Group Risk Management, Nordea Bank AB (publ)
- Casimir Lindholm, CEO, Lemminkäinen Oyj
- Jyri Luomakoski, CEO, Uponor Corporation
- Petri Niemisvirta, CEO, Mandatum Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Ilkka Oksala, Director, Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK)
- Pekka Piispanen, Director, Akava ry
- Eila Annala, Managing Director, PlusTerveys Oy
- Eija Hietanen, Administrative Director, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions (SAK)
- Liisa Leino, Managing Director and Chairman of the Board of Leino Group Oy
Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company is the most solvent earnings-related pension company and largest private investor in Finland. The company is responsible for the statutory earnings-related pension cover of some 860,000 people in the private sector. Premiums written totalled EUR 4.6 billion in 2015 and pension payments stood at EUR 5.2 billion. Varma’s investment portfolio amounted to EUR 42.4 billion at the end of September 2016.
Hanna Leskelä, Communications Manager, tel. +358 40 703 5164