In its meeting on 8th March 2017, Varma’s Supervisory Board elected a new member to the company’s Board of Directors. The new board member, as of 8th March 2017, is VR Group CEO Rolf Jansson. His term on the board ends in 2018.
Board member Mikael Aro resigned from Varma’s Board of Directors effective 2nd March 2017.
The members of Varma’s Board of Directors, as of 8th March 2017, are:
- Jari Paasikivi, Chairman; CEO, Oras Invest Ltd
- Antti Palola, Vice Chairman; President, Finnish Confederation of Salaried Employees (STTK)
- Kai Telanne, Vice Chairman; CEO, Alma Media Corporation
- Riku Aalto, President, Finnish Metalworkers’ Union
- Johanna Ikäheimo, Chairman of the Board, Lappset Group Ltd
- Rolf Jansson, President & CEO, VR Group
- Ari Kaperi, Country Senior Executive for Finland and Chief Risk Officer, Nordea Bank AB (publ)
- Casimir Lindholm, CEO, Lemminkäinen Corporation
- Jyri Luomakoski, CEO, Uponor Corporation
- Petri Niemisvirta, CEO, Mandatum Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Ilkka Oksala, Director, Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK)
- Pekka Piispanen, Director, Akava ry
- Eila Annala, Managing Director, PlusTerveys Oy
- Eija Hietanen, Administrative Director, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions (SAK)
- Liisa Leino, Chairman of the Board and Managing Director of Leino Group Oy
Hanna Leskelä, Communications Manager, tel. +358 40 703 5164 firstname.lastname@example.org
Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company is the most solvent earnings-related pension company and largest private investor in Finland. The company is responsible for the statutory earnings-related pension cover of some 870,000 people in the private sector. Premiums written totalled EUR 4.7 billion in 2016 and pension payments stood at EUR 5.3 billion. Varma’s investment portfolio amounted to EUR 42.9 billion at the end of 2016.