In its meeting on 7th March 2018, Varma’s Supervisory Board elected a new member and a new deputy member to the company’s Board of Directors. The new member is Eila Annala, former deputy member of the Board of Directors. Her term will end in 2019. The new deputy member is Risto Penttinen, former member of the Supervisory Board. His term will also end in 2019.
Board member Casimir Lindholm has resigned from the Board of Directors effective 2nd March 2018.
Supervisory Board members will be elected at the Annual General Meeting on 15 March 2018.
The members of Varma’s Board of Directors as of 7 March 2018 are:
- Jari Paasikivi, Chairman; President and CEO, Oras Invest Ltd
- Antti Palola, Vice Chairman; President, Finnish Confederation of Salaried Employees (STTK)
- Kai Telanne, Vice Chairman; President and CEO, Alma Media Corporation
- Riku Aalto, President, Industrial Union
- Eila Annala, Managing Director, PlusTerveys Oy
- Johanna Ikäheimo, Chairman of the Board, Lappset Group oy
- Rolf Jansson, President & CEO, VR Group
- Ari Kaperi, Chief Risk Officer and Country Senior Executive for Finland, Nordea Bank AB (publ)
- Jyri Luomakoski, President and CEO, Uponor Corporation
- Petri Niemisvirta, CEO, Mandatum Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Ilkka Oksala, Director, Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK)
- Pekka Piispanen, Director, Akava ry
- Eija Hietanen, Administrative Director, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions (SAK)
- Liisa Leino, Chairman of the Board and Managing Director, Leino Group Oy
- Risto Penttinen, SVP, Strategy, People and Performance, Fortum Oyj
Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company is a responsible and solvent investor. The company is responsible for the statutory earnings-related pension cover of some 880,000 people in the private sector. Premiums written totalled EUR 4.9 billion in 2017 and pension payments stood at EUR 5.5 billion. Varma’s investment portfolio amounted to EUR 45.4 billion at the end of 2017.
- Katri Viippola, Senior Vice-President, HR, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility, tel. +358 400 129 500 or email@example.com