From sick leave to work, rehabilitation or retirement
The employee, employer and occupational healthcare discuss arrangements concerning returning to work in an occupational health negotiation. The negotiation is arranged after sickness allowance has been paid for between 30 and 90 days.
When sickness allowance has been paid
- for 30 days: Your employer notifies occupational healthcare of your sick leave.
- for 60 days: Sickness allowance must be applied for from Kela now at the latest.
- for 90 days: Submit an occupational health-care physician’s statement to Kela if your disability continues. (Does not apply to the self-employed, unemployed, someone who looks after their own household, or a student).
- for 300 days: Sickness allowance ends
The options after the daily allowance ends are
- back to work + possible work arrangements
- partial sickness allowance + part-time work
- vocational rehabilitation
- partial disability pension
- disability pension