Attend to your tax matters

  • Once you have received a pension decision, apply for a tax card for pension income from the Finnish Tax Administration online at, or at the customer service number 029 497 050 (calls from outside Finland +358 29 497 050) or from the tax office.
  • If the amount of your pension changes for some reason other than the annual index adjustment, contact your local tax office to verify your tax rate.
  • Apply for pension income spreading from the tax authorities if you are receiving pension retroactively for years preceding the year of payment. Read more (in Finnish) on the Finnish Tax Administration’s website:
  • If you would like to pay a higher withholding tax rate than what the tax authorities have informed you of, you can inform our pension payments department of the higher tax rate by phone or in writing.