Varma takes care of pension matters

  • We will automatically refund to you any possible excess tax that has been withheld once you have acquired a tax card for pension income.
  • Once your pension begins, we request a new tax rate from the tax authorities every year.
  • We annually inform the tax authorities directly about the pension payments you have received and the taxes that have been withheld on them.
  • If you live outside of Finland permanently and it has been 3 years since you left Finland, we will request a tax card for limited tax liability from the Finnish tax authorities for your pension. For a foreign citizen, however, we will obtain such a tax card immediately upon the start of pension.
    Read more about taxation for pensioners living abroad