Payment of pension to countries other than Finland

Earnings-related pension – both personal pension and survivors' pension – that has accrued in Finland can be paid to a pensioner living in any foreign country. The nationality of the pensioner has no bearing on their entitlement to pension. There is one exception: part-time pension. The part-time employment required for part-time pension can only take place within the EU, the EEA and countries that have signed a social security agreement with Finland, which means part-time pension is only paid to those countries.