In its meeting of 28 November 2018, Varma’s Supervisory Board decided to keep the composition of the Board of Directors the same, re-electing Rolf Jansson, Ari Kaperi, Ilkka Oksala and Antti Palola, whose terms were due to expire, for the three-year term of 2019–2021.
The composition of Varma’s Board of Directors is as follows:
- Jari Paasikivi, Chairman; Chairman of the Board, Oras Invest Ltd
- Antti Palola, Vice Chairman; President, Finnish Confederation of Salaried Employees (STTK)
- Kai Telanne, Vice Chairman; CEO, Alma Media Corporation
- Riku Aalto, President, Industrial Union
- Eila Annala, Managing Director, PlusTerveys Oy
- Johanna Ikäheimo, Chairman of the Board, Lappset Group Ltd
- Rolf Jansson, President & CEO, VR Group
- Ari Kaperi, Nordea Bank Oyj's Chief Risk Officer and Country Senior Executive for Finland
- Jyri Luomakoski, CEO, Uponor Corporation
- Petri Niemisvirta, CEO, Mandatum Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Ilkka Oksala, Director, Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK)
- Pekka Piispanen, Director, Akava ry
- Eija Hietanen, Administrative Director, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions (SAK)
- Liisa Leino, Chairman of the Board and Managing Director of Leino Group Oy
- Risto Penttinen, SVP, Fortum Oyj (Strategy, People and Performance)
The Board will select a Chairman and two deputy chairmen from among its members at its next meeting 18 December 2018.
The Supervisory Board decided to keep the Board’s annual and meeting remuneration the same: The annual remuneration for the Chairman of the Board is EUR 47,250, for the Deputy Chairmen EUR 33,600, for the Chairman of the Audit Committee 33,600, for the members EUR 18,900, and for the deputy members EUR 13,650. The remuneration paid for attending each meeting is EUR 600.
Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company is a responsible and solvent investor. The company is responsible for the statutory earnings-related pension cover of 900,000 people in the private sector. Premiums written totalled EUR 4.9 billion in 2017 and pension payments stood at EUR 5.5 billion. Varma’s investment portfolio amounted to EUR 46.9 billion at the end of September 2018.
Katri Viippola, Senior Vice-President, HR, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility, tel. +358 400 129 500, firstname.lastname@example.org