With statutory TyEL insurance you ensure pension cover for your employees. As an employer, it is your responsibility to take out the insurance and to report your employees' earnings.
Your employee is insured under TyEL if
- the work is performed under an employment contract,
- the employee is 17 years or older and
- the monthly salary paid for the work is at least EUR 61.37.
The upper age limit for TyEL insurance depends on the employee's birth year:
- for those born in 1957 or earlier it is 68 years,
- for those born in 1958-1961 it is 69 years and
- for those born in 1962 or later it is 70 years.
If you don't employ regular staff and salaries are less than EUR 8,790.00 within 6 months, you can act as a temporary employer.