At its meeting on 18 December 2018, Varma’s Board of Directors decided that Jari Paasikivi, Chairman of the Board of Oras Invest Oy, will continue as Chairman of the Board effective 1 January 2019.
The Board also decided that the current vice chairmen – Antti Palola, President of the Finnish Confederation of Salaried Employees (STTK), and Kai Telanne, CEO of Alma Media Oyj – will continue as vice chairmen as of 1 January 2019.
The current members of the Audit Committee and the Nomination and Compensation Committee will continue as members in 2019. The members of the Audit Committee are Ari Kaperi (Chairman), Jyri Luomakoski, Antti Palola and Kai Telanne. The Nomination and Compensation Committee is composed of Jari Paasikivi (Chairman), Antti Palola and Kai Telanne.
The composition of Varma’s Board of Directors is as follows:
- Jari Paasikivi, Chairman; Chairman of the Board, Oras Invest Ltd
- Antti Palola, Vice Chairman; President, Finnish Confederation of Salaried Employees (STTK)
- Kai Telanne, Vice Chairman; CEO, Alma Media Corporation
- Riku Aalto, President, Industrial Union
- Eila Annala, Managing Director, PlusTerveys Oy
- Johanna Ikäheimo, Chairman of the Board, Lappset Group Ltd
- Rolf Jansson, President & CEO, VR Group
- Ari Kaperi, Nordea Bank Oyj's Chief Risk Officer and Country Senior Executive for Finland
- Jyri Luomakoski, CEO, Uponor Corporation
- Petri Niemisvirta, CEO, Mandatum Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Ilkka Oksala, Director, Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK)
- Pekka Piispanen, Director, Akava ry
- Eija Hietanen, Administrative Director, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions (SAK)
- Liisa Leino, Chairman of the Board and Managing Director of Leino Group Oy
- Risto Penttinen, SVP, Fortum Oyj (Strategy, People and Performance)
Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company is a responsible and solvent investor. The company is responsible for the statutory earnings-related pension cover of 900,000 people in the private sector. Premiums written totalled EUR 4.9 billion in 2017 and pension payments stood at EUR 5.5 billion. Varma’s investment portfolio amounted to EUR 46.9 billion at the end of September 2018.
Katri Viippola, Senior Vice-President, HR, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility, tel. +358 400 129 500, firstname.lastname@example.org