Widow(er)'s pension may decrease spouse's pension
Note! When calculating spouse's pension use only amounts of employment pensions. National pension is not included.
If the spouses are not yet pensioners, the disability pension’s amount is used to calculate the survivor’s pension.
The spouse’s pension may be decreased, if
- there are no under-aged children
- spouse’s pension has been granted based on a death that has occurred on 1 July 1990 or later.
When is spouse’s pension decreased?
- The widow(er is over the age of 65 or retired > The decrease is made as soon as the survivors' pension begins
- The widow(er) is under 65, has not retired > 50% for 6 months of the pension of the deceased, reduction after 6 months
- The youngest child turns 18 > The decrease is made from the beginning of the month that follows the child’s birthday
- The widow(er) is granted employment pension > The decrease is made again based on the widow(er)’s actual pension