What is IPS?
- Strong evidence of the IPS model’s effectiveness has been obtained, especially with respect to mental health rehabilitants’ employment and mental health support.
- The aim is to help rehabilitants find employment and become engaged in working life, with their job forming an integral part of their rehabilitation.
- Jobs are sought for the rehabilitants based on their interests and preferences.
- Employment is sought in the open job market, and support for the rehabilitant’s work engagement is focussed on the workplace.
- A placement and support coach helps the rehabilitant during the employment process and, with the rehabilitant’s consent, also collaborates with the parties looking after the rehabilitant’s health.